ABOUT THE RIDE
How long is TOUR de MELBURN?
If you manage the near impossible task of collecting every single possible GOOD TIME BONUS you may travel around 50km or more. A more likely distance travelled is 30-40km.
You have until 4.15pm to get to the finish at Brunswick Velodrome to SUBMIT your team score card into the prize raffle.
How do I TOUR de MELBURN?
Your goal is to collect as many GOOD TIME BONUSES as possible.
There will be a token award for the teams with the most points, but EVERY team in the raffle is a contender to win the GRAND PRIZE.
In your rider pack you will find a map with instructions, a list of GOOD TIME BONUSES, a pen, a instagram totem, a sweet treat and a magnifying card for those hard to find places.
- Pick which bonus you want from the list.
- Find it on the map and ride there!
- Take a photo of it (with the instagram totem in the shot).
- Post it on a team members Instagram account.
- Tag it #tourdemelburn ( see example below)
With the exception of DONATING BLOOD you may only score each bonus ONCE.
PROTIP! You might choose to collect some or all bonuses before posting them on Instagram. If you use the LAYOUT app you can squeeze 9 photos into a single Instagram post.
- TALLY your points at the finish.
- WRITE your score and team details on the card.
- SUBMIT your score to the event staff at the raffle barrel for validation and to go into the prize draw.
Make sure your SCORE CARD is in the raffle barrel before 4.15pm – Prize ceremony starts at 4.30pm sharp!